College Tools for Schools: A Toolkit for California High Schools
CCASN collaborated with the Center for Educational Partnerships at UC Berkeley and the UC Office of the President, to produce the College Tools website. It provides extensive resources to help high schools improve their college-going culture and college attendance rate.
The content offered on College Tools is divided into these sections:
- Advancing College-Going
- Access to “a-g’ Curriculum (courses required for college entrance)
- Transcript Evaluation (including a detailed how-to guide)
- SLCs and Career Academies
- Hands-On Materials
- More Tools (glossary, articles, links to other sites, and more)
Each of these sections has a wealth of materials available, all free.
- The 10 Most Common Excuses for Not Going to College...and Why They are Wrong
- Realizing the College Dream, a College Readiness Curriculum and Presentations
- California State University Admissions Handbook
- UC Individual Academic Planner (A planning guide for high school students)
- CCASN guides and handbooks related to implementing SLCs and Career Academies
- Hand-outs, curricula, lesson plans, and delivery modes for elementary/ middle/ high schools, and parents