Health Science and Medical Technology
with history/social science (“a”)
Summer 2012 UCCI Institute
Teachers, administrators and curriculum developers are invited to apply to participate in an intensive, four-day Institute hosted by the University of California. This Institute is devoted to the development of model high school courses in integrated curriculum, combining one career pathway of the Health Science and Medical Technology CTE industry sector with the subject area of history/social science (“a”)
The Summer 2012 UCCI Institute for Health/History meets July 15-18 in Millbrae. Those who are accepted and attend the Institute will receive a $600 stipend.
- This is an opportunity for participants to:
- Meet and collaborate with other talented, motivated educators from schools all over California
- Gain skills in creating curriculum that integrates career technical education (CTE) with academic content
- Create, as part of a team, a draft outline for one model course designed for UC approval and CTE designation
- Learn more about the UC approval process for these innovative courses
In addition to the stipend, participants’ attendance, meals and lodging (though not travel costs) are paid for by the University with the assistance of a grant from the California Department of Education. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Download flyer.
Apply now at www.ucop.edu/ucci
Deadline is 11:59 p.m. June 4
We look forward to hearing from you!