CCASN News, supported by the College and Career Academy Support Network, is based in the Graduate School of Education at the University of California Berkeley. This free newsletter reports on significant developments in high schools and districts engaged in high school redesign, with a particular focus on Small Learning Communities, Career Academies, and related approaches.
Please share CCASN News with colleagues. Any CCASN News participant can post to the group as a whole.
To subscribe to CCASN News send an email to CCASN_Newsfirstname.lastname@example.org
Download CCASN News November 2012
In this edition:
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools Awarded the Broad Prize for Urban Education
- 20 Additional States Consider Stepping Up Teacher Education Programs
- Standardized Testing Costing States $1.7 Billion a Year
- New i3 Grants Awarded
- U.S. Department of Education Names 61 Finalists for District Race-to-the-Top Funding
- Common Metrics, Disparate Results
- Report: Inseparable Imperatives: Equity in Education and the Future of the American Economy
- Report: Closing the Expectations Gap
- Report: Failure is Not an Option
- Resource for Students and Teachers
Archive of CCASN News Issues