Job Forum--Studio Audience Instructions
As you know, you will be GRADED for your "performance. Remember - these people are here for you! You can determine what they talk about. How? ASK QUESTIONS!
Asking questions. Raise your hand, and when you are recognized, IMMEDIATELY stand up. Speak loudly and clearly. By the way, there is no such thing as a stupid question. (Anyone who asks four or more questions will earn an A. 3, a B, and so on.)
What do you ask? Listen to each of the panelists introduce himself/herself. When you hear someone say something that is interesting to you, ask more about it. DON'T HOLD BACK! Don't ask ordinary, dull questions. Ask what you really want to know. (I suggest using a pad of paper to jot things down as they come to you.)
Include every panelist. How would you feel if you were a panelist, and nobody asked you a single question? PLEASE-be sensitive. If you see that a panelist is being ignored, try to think of something - ANYTHING - to ask!
Here are some question ideas if you're stuck - but I'd prefer that you use your own!
• What is an average workday like for you? Describe one.
• What did you HATE doing that you had to do in order to get where you are?
• Which aspects of your job do you like the very best, the very least?
• Have you used what you learned in high school on the job?
• What education is required for someone in your position?
• Did you always know what you wanted to be?
• What is the salary range for someone in your position?
GOOD LUCK! MOST OF ALL, DON'T BE SHY AND HAVE FUN !